Certification Summits are special “long-version” webinars directed at SWE members who are studying for one of the certifications offered by SWE. In the near future, we’ll be offering sessions designed for those studying for the CSW, CSS, CWE, and CSE (although all members of SWE are welcome to attend any summit).
The purpose of SWE Summits are to take topics from the Study Guides and/or the recommended readings lists, and bring them front and center – if only for a day! Certification summits will focus on the smaller regions, or lesser-known topics in the wine and spirits world – in other words, we are more likely to feature the wines of Campania than the wines of Chianti.
Certification Summits are intended to feel like “mini-conferences” and are scheduled to be 2-to-3 hour-long webinars with multiple presenters; they are typically offered on Saturday mornings and are offered free-of-charge to members of SWE. Please note – unlike our other webinar offerings – Certification Summits do require a reservation and an SWE membership, and space is limited!
Our next certification summit is scheduled for December 2, 2017 at 10:00 am central time. The topic will be North by North Coast: the Wines of Mendocino and Lake Counties. Webinar warm-up will begin at 9:45 am!
Our suggested taste-along wines for this session are:
- Roederer Estate (Anderson Valley, Mendocino) Brut Non-vintage Sparkling Wine. (Find this wine at Addy Bassin’s MacArthur Beverages here.)
- Anthill Winery Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley, 2015. (Find this wine at Addy Bassin’s MacArthur Beverages here.)
Here is our agenda for the session:
- The Big Picture: the North Coast AVA
- Intro to Mendocino County
- Taste-along: Roederer Estate Brut Non-vintage Sparkling Wine
- Mendocino: “Insider AVAs”
- Mendocino: “Outsider AVAs”
- Taste-Along: Anthill Winery Pinot Noir, Anderson Valley, 2015
- Into to Lake County
- Lake County: “Insider AVAs”
- Lake County: “Outsider AVAs”
Note: Our very non-official designation of “insider AVAs” refers to those AVAs located within the larger Mendocino and Clear Lake AVAs (as opposed to those located within the boundaries of the counties but not the larger AVAs).
We are currently taking reservations for the North by North Coast – email Jane Nickles at email@example.com to reserve a spot!