Our SWEbinar schedule is action-packed and full of facts!
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 – 11:00 am central time (yes, 11): Oak Barrels and their Influence on Wine – presented by Lisa Boissier, CWE. Are you a fan of Fumé Blanc? How about an oaky-smoky Chardonnay? And who doesn’t love Barolo? If you are a fan of any of these wines, you’ll be interested to learn about the construction of oak barrels and the aroma and flavor compounds they provide to the wines that reside within. Grab the oaky wine of your choice and join us for a session on barrels!
- Saturday, February 3 – 10:00 am central time: The Insider’s Guide to the CSW Exam – presented by Jane A. Nickles, CSE, CWE: If you are currently pursuing the CSW Certification, or considering the CSW as your next stage of professional development, this one-hour session is for you! This online workshop will cover all aspects of the CSW, including what the test covers, how difficult the test is, what type of questions to expect, the resources available to students, and how long SWE recommends for study before sitting the exam.
- Wednesday, February 7 – 7:00 pm central time: A Journey through America: Understanding American Whiskey – presented by Russ Kempton: During the webinar you will gain new knowledge and understanding for American Whiskey history, insights, mystic and heritage. Example: Bourbon is not just a product of Kentucky but a product of the United States!
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 – 10:00 am central time: The Crystalline Clarity of Mosel Riesling with Lucia Volk, CWE: Every Riesling lover knows The Mosel as the place where Riesling finds its ultimate expression. Karen MacNeil rhapsodizes that Mosel Riesling has such “crystalline clarity, they are like sunlight on a subzero day”!! So let us pour some sunshine in your glass and take a closer look at this very important wine region in Germany, where you can find the steepest vineyard in all of Germany, the lesser known, yet up-and-coming grape varietal Elbling, and ultra-German labels such as Brauneberger Juffer-Sonnenuhr or Ürziger Würzgarten. Join Lucia Volk, CWE, on a tour of the Mosel river Anbaugebiet, including some of the lesser known parts, and learn about traditional and contemporary wine-making practices. German pronunciation exercises are included as well.
- Wednesday, February 21 – 7:00 pm central time: A Spirited Discussion: The Insider’s Guide to the CSS Exam – presented by Jane A. Nickles, CSE, CWE: This is one for the spirits crowd!! if you are interested in pursuing the CSS Certification, or just a spirits lover-bartender-mixologist-beverage aficionado that is interested in learning more about spirits and the CSS, this one-hour session is for you! Join our Director of Education, Jane A. Nickles, and learn what to expect from the CSS!
SWE’s SWEbinar series is unique in that it is offered free-of-charge, and open to the public! Please note that our sessions are offered as live, interactive events and are not recorded. We try to accommodate all schedules by offering sessions on weekdays and weekends, as well as daytime and evening hours. If you have a topic you would like to see addressed, or a time-of-day that would work for you, please let our Director of Education, Jane A. Nickles know via email at email@example.com
Login Instructions: At the appointed time, just click on the link, as seen at the bottom of this page. There is no need to register in advance. Links will go “live” a few hours before the scheduled date.
When the SWE Adobe Connect homepage appears, click on “enter as a guest,” type in your name, and click “enter room.” Remember that each session is limited to 100 attendees, and that several of our past sessions have reached capacity. We are hoping to avoid this issue in the future by offering more SWEbinars, but its still a good idea to log on early!
- If you have never attended an Adobe Connect event before, it is also a good idea to test your connection ahead of time (just click on the link).
- If you are having any trouble with your Adobe Connect connection, please see our SWEbinar Trouble-shooting page.
- There is no need for a dial-in number; audio will be available via the speakers on your computer or mobile device.
Links (will go “live” a few hours before the scheduled event):
- Saturday, January 27, 2018 – 11:00 am central time (yes, 11): Oak Barrels and their Influence on Wine – presented by Lisa Boissier, CWE
- Saturday, February 3 – 10:00 am central time: The Insider’s Guide to the CSW Exam
- Wednesday, February 7 – 7:00 pm central time: A Journey through America: Understanding American Whiskey – presented by Russ Kempton
- Saturday, February 17, 2018 – 10:00 am central time: The Crystalline Clarity of Mosel Riesling with Lucia Volk, CWE
- Wednesday, February 21 – 7:00 pm central time: A Spirited Discussion: The Insider’s Guide to the CSS Exam
If you would like to pitch an idea for a guest blog post, or you would like to present a SWEbinar, please contact Jane Nickles, CWE, our Director of Education and Certification, at firstname.lastname@example.org